Okay so since Ferris Bueller, I mean Obama is out playing golf while Iraq is burning, and since I don't want to get audited by the IRS, and my Veteran husband can't get a doctor's appointment at the VA for another 6 months I figured I would focus on what I can do to "enjoy" this summer.
Now if you are like me and the rest of those living up here in the Northeast, you may have not noticed that summer has officially kicked off. I literally didn't even realize it until I heard it on the news. Well, I obviously didn't get the memo and since my flip-flops have barely seen the light of day since my trip to see family in Florida for Christmas, it was a bit of a shocker. So I'm finally getting geared up for my Top-10 things I am looking forward to doing this summer.
10. Have dinner at the 76 house in Tappan NY with a couple of good friends. Legend claims it is the oldest tavern in the US. Just for those who are wondering... it is one of the places George Washington met and planned his strategy during the Revolutionary War.
9. Find a Jersey Beach to actually go to. Yes I have lived here most my entire life and no I have never been to the Jersey Shore. So this summer that too will change. Oh and I will of course have a iced-cup-o-happinss a-la Dunkin Donut's in my clutches.
8. Now, this one is a stretch considering when I go outside I break out from poison ivy. But I would love to actually go for a proper hike through Harriman State Park here in NY. Don't worry, I will make sure to bring some Twinkies just in case I run into a bear on the trail.
7. Then I want to take a guided tour of the Bannerman Castle aka "the Crumbling Castle on the Hudson River". It is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I love to explore and this just seems to be such a cool thing to see before it is completely gone.
6. Take a day-trip with my favorite person in the whole world and visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. No, I have never been. Since I am the daughter of an immigrant this is a very important trip to me. Then finish the day off off at the Southstreet Seaport or Little Italy in NYC eating junk food. (Hey Stan Appling, I can hear you snickering).
5. Jingle-Jingle-Jingle! That's the sound of the slot machines I love to play. Now, I don't do it often and I only do it for fun. But when I do it I make sure to play it safe. So, I will be headed to either Yonker's Raceway, Monticello or maybe even Foxwoods. I am not sure but it will be fun... I guarantee it.
4. Finish my book. No... not summer reading, but summer writing. What? You didn't know I am writing a book? That's right. I am working on a 40 Day Inspirational Devotional that will go along with "Operation Mustard Seed" the crowdfunding campaign done for my new music, which I am currently working on.
3. That brings me to the next thing. Get in the studio. Yep, this Greek Girl has been working on a whole bunch of songs. Now, it's getting close to that time. Time to make some tracks. So that is one main thing to do... Get back in the studio ASAP.
2. I fully support the 2nd Amendment. So that means I want to finally go to Gander Mountain and buy me that 12-gauage Mossberg 500A Tactical shotgun and lay down some lead. No, not at animals of course, but I am not opposed to a little target practice (just in case I ever have to defend myself or my furkids).
1. Take a special road trip. I love road trips and nothing beats going to a city or town you haven't been to in a long time or someplace new. In the past I've gone to Niagara, DC, Philly, Outer Banks and others. This year it will be either Boston or Historic Williamsburg. Of course if time permits we might make it to both... We shall see.
Either way, no matter what I do this summer I am going to make sure to have fun, lots of it. Oh and of course I will be wearing my flip-flops and keeping cool with my Iced Cups of Happiness a la Dunkins. So what are you doing this summer? Hope you have fun and keep it safe and stay cool!
Blessings, Love & Music~