Monday, September 17, 2012

Autumn's In The Air


The best part of waking up                                                 when there's a chill in the air...
It's here.  It's always bitter sweet for me because there's nothing I loathe more than putting away my flip flops and replacing them in my closet with my Uggs.  It's bitter for many reasons including the one I just mentioned.  Sweet, because Autumn is actually my favorite season.  Why is Greek Girl yapping about the coming change of season when the world appears to be imploding before our very eyes?  Well, I can't write about politics every week. Besides if I don't take a break my noggin might just spontaneously combust.
Growing up in Upstate New York it is not hard to understand why I love fall so much.  It is one of the most beautiful places in the Northeast.  We have Lake George, the Adirondack Mountains, Niagara Falls, and many more amazing destinations to experience. There are always festivals, farmers markets, hot air balloon shows, the Pumpkin Farm, Hayrides, Oktoberfest (which I don't really even do because Greek Girl doesn't like beer), apple picking, caramel apples, candy apples, apple cider, pumpkin pie, apple pie, cinnamon donuts... ut oh I better stop before I make myself hungry.
My favorite thing... Pumpkin Dunkin's.  That's right, every year around this time my favorite coffee brand in the whole wide world Dunkin Donuts rolls out it's fall fare.  So every year I march my Greek butt down there and grab as many bags of the Pumpkin coffee as I can get my little hands on.  Of course the trick is to get out of there without getting a Pumpkin Muffin or donut.  I do have an iron Greek will - yes that is true.  I will admit however that as strong as that will is, there are times when I do get one and make my sweetie eat half.  (the things he does for love).
Of course there are many other reasons that I love fall, one I get to dress my fur babies up in a costume every year for the yearly "March of Shame" as Punkin (my talking dog likes to call it) see her video here.  Of course it's also the time of year when Bath & Body Works rolls out the fall candles & scented plug ins, they are so yummy smelling!  Makes me want to just grab a cup of hot Pumpkin happiness, put on my favorite sweats and slippers, grab my sweetie and fur kids, and curl up to watch Animal planet.  Oh who am I kidding?  We all know it's going to end back up on the news.  Hey... I have to make sure I don't miss anything.
Have a beautiful day!
Blessings, Love & Music ~
Ava :) xox
www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment