Monday, October 29, 2012

I Declare


How strong is your will?...
The first time I saw this photo, it was for an advertisement for a new series coming out from Joel Osteen titled "I Declare".  Greek Girl happens to like Joel, so for all the people out there with "Joel Osteen Derangement Syndrome" please save your emails.  Joel Osteen Derangement Syndrome is similar to "Bush Derangement syndrome", but not to be confused with each other. ;D
I believe that we all have gifting's, different purposes and assignments from God.  Not everyone's purpose is the same.  Some people prefer fire and brimstone all the time, they can be judgmental and say silly things like Joel is "Christianity Light".  I think there are so many different pastors all with unique talents and abilities in them given to them by God to do "different" things.  Joel is reaching millions of people for Christ on a daily basis.  In my book, this is a good thing.
Now back to the story... When I saw this photo it hit me like a ton of bricks.  No, not my former manager Mr. Bricks (he is busy writing his "Rat Pack of Hollywood" Children's Book series).  I'm actually going to be playing the voice of one of the Rat Character's when it's made into an animated series BTW.  For me this photo illustrates a simple choice each and every one of us faces at some point in our lives.
Everyone has a dream.  For some people it's to be a teacher, for some a stay at home mom, for others it's an Engineer, a painter, a ballerina, a politician, comedian, astronaut...  For some it is simply to retire early, for me it has been music...  For over twenty years, music.  Whatever anyone's dream, all of us face challenges on the road to achieving that dream.  We all face that pivotal moment, when we are hanging there about to reach the top of the fence and climb over.  We are hanging on with every fiber of our being, we are weak and weary from the climb, we are not sure if we have the strength to make that one last burst to get over the wall.  So what do we do?
What do you do?  What do I do?...  Personally I dig in.  I put my faith and hope in Jesus, the one who gave everything because of his love for me.  Then I tap into my iron Greek Will and push with everything I have.  This photo brings to mind a scripture that is one of my favorites actually.  "I can do All things though Christ who gives me the strength." Philippians 4:13 (NLV)
You see, in life we are faced with obstacles on a daily basis.  We can see them as opportunities and choose dig in with everything we have to take them head on, or we can see them as roadblocks stopping us dead in our tracks.  It's my faith that helps me to overcome every obstacle I face.  No matter what I choose, it's the choice and the action that follows that will define me and the outcome.  You see your tongue is like a rudder on a ship.  The things you say determine the direction of your life.  So I chose to declare God's word and promises over my life.
One of my favorite forms of working out is running.  Nothing quite compares to a nice long date with my sneakers, my iPod and the road.  Not to mention the endorphin high and the feeling of pushing past what you thought you couldn't do.  Well, for me anyways.  The other day on my run, this song came on my iPod and it really made me think about this photo.  I wanted to share it with you.  No matter where you are, no matter what you are facing...  The maker of heaven and earth loves you, knows your feelings and is holding you in the palm of his hands.  Decide that you can do whatever is in front of you today, no matter how impossible or hard it may seem because he is always there giving you the strength.

Blessing, Love & Music ~
Ava :D xox
www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment