Monday, August 1, 2016

You Can't Make Me



Ever had the joyous experience of watching a child throw a temper tantrum? Not too much fun one could say. Well lately I feel like I'm watching a great big giant collective temper tantrum.
In case you hadn't noticed there is an election looming. Hard to escape the fact, since the news never misses an opportunity to remind us. I have to admit though; I'm finally starting to see why some people don't pay attention. All too often the topic can be maddening. With so much "opinion" vs. "actual "journalism" being dished out as "news" it's almost enough to make me want to "tune out" what's going on. Almost... but I can't. Why? Because, it is just too important.
America and our future are too important. That's why it literally makes me go off the rail bonkers when people say they are not going to vote. Or when they say they haven't voted in years, sometimes even decades. It just does not compute. Sure one could say, "it's a free country, it's my right to not vote if I don't want to."  Whenever I hear something like that, my inside voice is saying something like "tell it to the men and women who bled and died for that right." 
In my opinion it is highly disrespectful to not only those men and women, but also to our creator. A creator that was highly instrumental in America's founding, and founding documents. One may never know this since the leftie loons have done a good job of twisting and turning history to remove him from everywhere he might be able to offend anyone (or invade their safe space). Meanwhile we Christians just roll over and live in our little bubbles. It's also disrespectful to the millions of people all over the world who would give anything to live in a free country, and be able to have a say in their government. Some people think their vote doesn't really "matter" so they just don't bother. Whenever I hear someone say something like that my inside voice is saying something like "well maybe if everyone participated your vote actually would matter". 
For the people, by the people only works if "we" do. I actually had a guy tell me the other day a Christian and a veteran (a marine mind you) that he had not voted since Dole because there was no one who "reflected his values". There were just so many things wrong with that statement I didn't know where to even begin to unscramble his noggin. Yes I know he is free to think what he wants, but really... hasn't voted since Dole? Oh my nerves.
It's no secret that I am a Christian. I am also not a perfect person (shocking I know, please put on your surprise face) but since there are no perfect people, and the only perfect person to ever have lived was Jesus, I am just not looking for a candidate for President who can walk on water. Maybe it's so I won't be disappointed when I find out they are human like the rest of us.
I do though find it very ironic when a Christian takes this position of not going to vote because they "don't like the candidates". The bible says we are to influence and occupy until he comes. So how does a Christian think they are doing that if they sit out elections because they "don't like" the options? Christians believe God is in control of everything don't we? Or do we only believe this to be true when we like the outcome?
To quote my veteran husband who is also a Christian; "I would much rather see someone exercising their right to vote, even if it's not for my candidate than to stay home and whine and complain about the outcome."
There are two choices. There is no viable third party candidate that can beat either of the two major party choices. As much as people want that to be, it is not. Possibly someday in the future it may. So for now lets just deal with what's real. There are two choices, Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. Neither is perfect. What a person should be asking himself or herself is: who out of the two aligns "most" with my values, and worldview. It is really that simple.
Someone saying they are not going to vote in my view is the equivalent of a child having a temper tantrum, taking their toys and leaving the sandbox in kindergarten when things don't go their way. It's actually quite stubborn and selfish in my opinion. Especially for people whom are known to be diametrically opposed to one candidate, yet they have no problem at all staying home and allowing her to walk away with the election (with the media's help).
There's about one hundred days left for people get their heads screwed on right and do what is right..., which is vote. Republicans and conservatives complain that we can't seem to win elections. Well did they ever stop to think and observe the Democrats? At the end of the day they stand together even if they can't stand each other. What do we do? We fight and argue and complain so we can all have the last word. The vitriol and degree to which it's going on is shocking to say the least. What in the heck in the world would our founders say if they were here today to see all the malarkey going on?
So here are a few nuggets of information for anyone who was thinking to sit it out to consider.
Watch: Clinton Cash Documentary: The truth about what Clinton cares about not people, money. https://youtu.be/7LYRUOd_QoM
Lastly Watch: "Hillary's America" Film a MUST SEE!
https://youtu.be/Bxn5I6tnU_Y
After reading and watching all that it can be no secret that I roll to the right; it's not about that though. It's not about left or right; it's about right and wrong. It's about America. America is about freedom, a government for the people by the people, and it can only work if we do. So as an "American" regardless even if you love Hillary (though you might want to get your noggin checked if that's the case) but seriously, it's about America. No-one can make you vote, but it is the right thing to do. So, don't be a dope... vote!
Have a great day! Blessings.
Ava xo
www.avaaston.com




No comments:

Post a Comment