Monday, April 22, 2013

Sick and Tired


The components of a muckery sandwich.
The components of a muckery sandwich.
I'm beginning to wonder if I have been cast in the sequel to the movie Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray.  Only this time the story focuses around a Greek Blonde girl who has been sick with Bronchitis and laryngitis for about a month that just goes on and on and on and on.  Can you guess what the title of this sequel is?.... "Bronchitis Muckery".
Seriously.  It all started when the yearly "Babysit Moms Dogs Episode" was coming to an end.  See my mom has to go away for training every year for her job with the Purple Heart.  So guess who watches her two fur kids?  Yup you guessed it....  Which was so much more fun this year since now instead of four of our own fur kids, we have five since we rescued little "Pepe" back in October.  Well as much fun as it was taking care of Seven, yes I did say SEVEN dogs for three weeks was... I was quite happy when my mom came to get her fur kids to take them home to her house.
That was until my mom and step dad walked in the house hacking their brains out.  So after a short trip out to eat they loaded up their fur kids and off they went.  The next morning... I woke up feeling a little off.  Wasn't really worried as mom said they had both taken a full week of antibiotics while she was away and they were "not contagious" anymore.  Yeah Right Mom!  Forward to the next day... I start to sound like a chain smoker and it all went downhill from there.
So here we are about a month later and not one but three trips to the Dr., three rounds of antibiotics, and after a chest x-ray to make sure I didn't have a pneumonia, now add to that steroids to help break up the muck in my chest, Nasonex nasal spray, Allegra, MucinexDM, and an inhaler... And I still feel like I have an iron lung.  Good grief!  The worst part is the Dr. even told me this time I have to hang up my sneakers until I'm better.  No more working out, too much stress on my body while it's trying to heal. ;( Total Muckery!
It was so bad that the other night while doing updates to social media I had a coughing fit while drinking Green Tea (I know you were expecting it to be Dunkins decaf) with my mac laptop on my lap.  At the same time the tinniest of the Aston fur kids "Itty Bitty" had a mini nervous breakdown when the Oreck Air machine made a zap noise from a piece of dust going into it.  Well during his little breakdown he jumped out of the covers up onto my lap knocking the tea where?  Onto my laptop of course.
Yeah it was pleasant.... So the following morning it was off to the Dr., pharmacy, then to Apple to replace the damaged parts.  Thank God it wasn't worse, I think it was saved by a new track pad and battery.  Time shall tell.
So after all this Muckery you could say Greek Girl is sick and tired of being sick!  I did get my voice back (not for singing yet) but the bronchitis lingers.  I'm am hopeful that this last round of medicine and being hunkered down with the humidifier almost 12 hours a day is going to get it out!  All's I'm sayin is July and 85 degrees can not come soon enough for me!
Moral of the story... keep the liquids away from the laptop.  Or better yet don't watch your moms fur kids ;D Either way, hope you have a smile and a beautiful day!
Blessings, Love & Music ~
Ava :D xo
www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment