Monday, June 10, 2013

A Perfect Day


Still my Favorite person after 11 years! :D
Still my Favorite person after Eleven years! :D
Just another Sunny Summer Sunday in June... Well it's about dang time, I was starting to think Summer had been kidnapped.  Anyone who has been reading my blog knows one thing, I loathe the winter!  So why do I live in the North East, honestly I have no idea! Summer never can come soon enough for me.  When it's time to do the yearly swap out of winter clothes and Ugg Boots for flip flops, sneakers and summer clothes this Greek Girl gets giddy.
Another reason this time of year makes me giddy is because June is when I met my very favorite person in the whole entire world! Who?... that would be Mr. Ava Aston of course :D !  Yep it all started on a Sunday afternoon way back on June 9th, 2002.  It still seems like yesterday.  I was at home contemplating going to the city for an audition for an independent film.  I had slept late and it was a toss up, go and not have time to workout, or stay home and workout...  Something anyone else who has been reading my blog knows is - I love working out and do not skip many.  My little sister said to go, that she had a feeling "something good was going to happen to me".  She sure was right (yes that pains me to say that my little sister was right about something) ;o)
So I skipped my workout, went to the city and got in line for the audition.  A little bit after signing in I looked up and my heart literally stopped beating in my chest and I gasped.  Little did I know Mr. Ava Aston had spotted me a few minutes earlier and done the exact same thing... he asked me a question about the sign in sheet and after about a half hour or beating around the bush while waiting in the line we started talking and have not stopped talking since.
We discovered among other things, we are both left handed Virgo's with the exact same color eyes, love coffee, pizza, chocolate, and and and....  We're both artistic (him an actor, writer, and aspiring film maker) with me it's music and acting.  If you didn't know Keith is actually the glue that holds the Aston ship together.  He makes my music videos, website, all of it.  So here we are eleven years to the day on a Sunny Summer Sunday afternoon thinking about what to do for the anniversary of the day we met.
Being that we both love cars & Greek food we decided to mix the two together.  Take in a British Classic Car Show and the yearly Greek Festival around the corner.  Yes Greek Girl was in her glory... I don't know what it is about cars but man I sure do love them.  So here are a few highlights from a fun afternoon of chill-axing with my favorite person!
Yeah I had to have been a Greaser or a Mechanic in a former life... Cars make my heart beat Real Fast!  Vroom Vroom! (but I still drive like a granny) go figure.
Yeah I had to have been a Greaser or a Mechanic in a former life...                      Cars make my heart beat Real Fast! Vroom Vroom!                                            (but I still drive like a granny) go figure.
Yummo!
Yummo!
No One does Coffee like we Greeks! Boil it up old fashioned style on the stove top in a ibriki... Add in the Baklava & cookies and you're Golden!
No One does Coffee like we Greeks! Boil it up old fashioned style on the stove top in a ibriki... Add in the Baklava & cookies and you're Golden!
And that my friends is how a Sunny Summer Sunday in June went! Hope you make the most of your Sunny Sundays too!  Have a beautiful day!
Blessings, Love & Music ~
Ava :D xox
www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment