Monday, February 17, 2014

Ten Reasons to Move South

Heaven....
Heaven....
I can not possibly be the only person who is wondering to themselves this winter "why do I live in the north again?" I mean one blizzard, maybe two in a winter season is doable. However when we are already far above the average snowfall for the year and it's not even the end of February yet... Meanwhile the Weather Channel can't help themselves from announcing like giddy school kids the next winter storm; one can't help but begin to wonder.
I used to like the change of seasons and honestly didn't mind winter. I like skiing, and even though I can't believe I'm writing this there is something magical about the crunch of the snow under your feet when you wake up in the morning and of course the crisp winter air. Like anything though, too much of something is not a good thing and we have definitely had "too much" snowfall this season if you ask me. Which has got me to thinking... seriously in fact about why I should consider moving south. So if you're like me and are sick and tired of the white stuff, here are the top ten reasons in my Greek noggin to move south.
1. No snow (well you have to move "far enough" south for this to apply as we have seen the south has had plenty of snow this year)
2. No shoveling snow.
3. No dried up dirt, dust and salt on your car, hence ending up on your clothes.
4. No more blinding sun snow glare when you take the fur kids out to potty.
5. Speaking of fur kids, no more having to shovel a spot for them to do their potty in the snow.
6. You can run all year long in the south, if it's too cold... running outdoors not fun.
7. Don't have to buy salt.
8. Don't have to vacuum said salt that gets all over house from outside.
9. No need for a "blanket coat" or Ugg boots.
10. No need to worry about "Vitamin D Deficiency" or coming down with the Winter Blues from lack of sun.
You can always travel "to" the cold or find a meat locker to chill in if you miss it that much. Better to live in the south where you can wear flip flops all year long, get to the beach and sip on iced cups of happiness a la Dunkin Donuts and let the sunshine soak into your bones. OK I'm off to plot my escape to the sunshine. Have a beautiful day!
Blessings, Love & Music ~
Ava :D xo
www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment