Monday, February 3, 2014

Time Flies When You're Having Fun


You know how when you go on a trip or a vacation and you are having so much fun you simply forget about time? Well that is exactly what has happened to Greek Girl. It's hard to believe it but ten years ago today I married my best friend and very favorite person in the whole entire world. So weird I just can not believe we have been married for a decade. Which they say is the "Tin Anniversary".
It all started back on June 9, 2002. I went to an audition for an independent film in NYC on a sunny Sunday afternoon. There I was standing in line minding my own business reading a book and I happened to look up and Bam! I saw the most gorgeous man I had ever laid eyes on and my heart literally stopped. I found out later that he had the same exact reaction or thoughts in his head when he walked up and saw me standing there. We started talking when he asked me about the sign-up sheet for the line and have not stopped talking since. We found out we had quite a lot in common like we were both left handed, both born in September making us both Virgo's, had the same color eyes, both loved loved loved coffee, pizza and a whole slew of other things that make us love spending time together. In fact in the over eleven years since we met each other we have only been apart three days when he had to go away on a modeling job to Poland, and one other time for work for five days. He is my very best friend in the whole entire world to this day.
ava and keith
One of our 1st Dates.
In fact I was so smitten I even wrote a song about him three days after we met while sitting in Bryant Park in NYC. It's called "I Adore You" and in case you haven't listened to it, here it is: https://soundcloud.com/avaaston/i-adore-you
At Faneuil Hall in Boston
At Faneuil Hall in Boston
So what kind of fun things can two creative people aspiring to have a career in entertainment do in a decade? Well let me see... move all over the country with anywhere from two to five fur kids in tow depending on when it was (thirteen times to be exact), see Boston, New England, the Grand Canyon, the east coast, west coast, the south including Nashvegas and FL, be in an independent film in Italy together, go to Greece, get engaged on a TV show, rescue several dogs including one tied to a parking meter in NYC, one in Miami while on vacation, and chasing down and after three hours rescuing another one on Hollywood Blvd. in LA, go through not one but two major hurricanes in FL, and all sorts of other muckery episodes including but not limited to getting married in Vegas. 
In Greece at The Acropolis visiting my dad.
In Greece at The Acropolis visiting my dad.
What's muckery? Well if you've been reading my blog for any amount of time you already know what muckery is. For those of you who don't; it's a word used to describe the "I Love Lucy-esque Episodes" my husband says that seem to follow us (meaning me) around wherever we go. How does one end up getting married in Vegas you might be wondering? Well you see it happens when you are living in LA which is thousands of miles from family that is located in KS, FL, NH, NY, and Greece and you figure it's easier, cheaper and more memorable to just elope in Vegas of all places and no it was not by Elvis. Keith did something very sweet, he put both of our cell phones in the pocket of his suit, one with my mom on it and one with his mom on it so they could both kinda sorta be there.
Wedding in Vegas
Wedding in Vegas
I wouldn't trade our muckery for anything in the world and in fact am looking forward to many many many more muckery filled years with my best friend. I hope everyone in the world finds a best friend like mine.
Here we are today - married a decade... wow.
Here we are today - married a decade... wow.
Blessings, Love & Music ~
Ava xo
www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment