Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Is In The Air

Sunshine and blooming flowers what's not to smile about?
Sunshine and blooming flowers what's not to smile about?

Well last night was officially "Spring Forward" which I for one couldn't be happier about. Why? Because this Greek Girl is sick and tired of snow. In fact if I never see another snowflake so long as I live it would not be soon enough. Now many people don't like "Spring Forward" simply because it means losing an hour of sleep. Personally I don't mind giving up an hour of sleep if it means that spring is one step closer. So close in fact the first official day of "Spring" is only ten days away.   
Now apparently the Debbie Downers over at the Weather Channel did not notice that we just had "Spring Forward" or they forgot because they are already predicting a snowstorm for the middle of the week to hit the Northeast. So I am going to do just like I did last time they predicted a snow event for us and pray like the dickens that they are wrong, it misses us, or it just floats out to sea. I don't care what happens to it so long as it misses my humble abode. In the meantime, I am going to think about why missing an hour of sleep is OK in my book for "Spring Forward"... Here are the Top Ten things that came into my noggin.
1. No more snow.
2. Spring Air, I love the smell of spring in the air... don't you?
3. Cadbury Mini Eggs... Hello Yummo!
4. More daylight hours which means more time to be Outside.
5. Spring Break which usually means (for myself & Mr. Aston) a road trip to FL to see family.
6. More reason to drink Iced Cups of Happiness a la Dunkins on a regular basis.  
7. Almost time to fold up the sweaters and put away the cold weather gear and dust off the flip flops.
8. Blooming flowers, I love the see Tulips, Lilies, and Crocus's.
9. Ice Cream.
10. One of my very favorite things about this time of year.... the sunshine, just being able to soak up some sun whether it be a park, a beach, or the backyard.... just relaxing during downtime enjoying the rays.  
So here's to Spring finally getting it's butt in gear and finally saving us from Old Man Winter and his long winter wrath.

Blessings, Love & Music ~
Ava :D xo
www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment