Monday, December 22, 2014

Naughty or Nice

Christmas is almost here. I love Christmas, it's one of my favorite Holidays. The Christmas music, special winter time hot beverages a la Dunkin Donuts, and yes even the snow. Now normally I hate the snow, but this is the one time of year I actually like it.
What kind of Christmas music would one find in my Pandora or iTunes?... Well that would be the Classics artists such as: The Rat Pack, Gene Autry, Nat King Cole, The Ronettes,  1940's Christmas, a Very Special Christmas (all of them), you get my drift. I can sit and listen to Christmas music for hours.
One thing I'm just not really all about is shopping. I mean I like shopping as much as the next person, but I think Christmas has become far too commercialized over the years. It seems to get worse with each passing year. I was a-gasp when I learned that one of my favorite places to shop Kohl's was going to stay open 24hrs a day until Christmas. I'm all for capitalism but that is just silly. I mean how much shopping does one have to do for crying out loud? Not to mention how it affects the employees who have to work the overnight shifts.
For me Christmas is about the birth of my Lord and Savior Jesus. I do buy a few small gifts for my immediate family, husband, and furkids, literally a handful of people. Gifts are great but I love going after Christmas and scoring some great finds, so buying gifts for me is super easy... can anyone say gift card?
So since the big day is almost upon us, why not take a break from the hustle and bustle for a little laugh? Check out this episode of "Ava The Diva" and see what happens to Greek Girls who are mean to Santa. Make that mean to Santa or Mr. Bricks her manager, one may never know.

Maybe a big ol lump of coal in the stocking... Here's my little disclaimer: "Ava The Diva" is my alter ego to the sarcastic tenth power. Wishing you and yours a great big smile, time spent with friends family and loved ones, and a beautiful blessed Christmas!
Blessings,
Ava xo
www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment