Monday, December 16, 2013

Tis The Season

It's that time of year to make some Joyful Noise!
It's that time of year to make some Joyful Noise!
It should come as no surprise at all that around this time of year Greek Girl has reprogrammed her iPod to stay on Christmas Songs.  Yup, I'm a Christmas song junkie, some I can never hear enough no matter what time of year it is.  Hey they make me smile what can I say?
There is one song though that makes me nuts and if I never hear it again in my life it would not be soon enough. What is it?… "Feliz Navidad", it might have something to do with the fact that I've probably heard it a billion times in my life. Whatever it is, it's definitely not in my iPod that's for sure and I change the channel when it comes on the radio.
With that being said, here is a list of my Favorite Christmas Tunes: (in no particular order just as they randomly appear in my noggin)
Do They Know it's Christmas - Band Aid
Where Are You Christmas - Faith Hill
All I Want for Christmas – Mariah Carey
Do you Hear What I Hear – Whitney Houston
River – Robert Downey Jr.
Chestnuts Roastin – Nat King Cole
O Holy Night – Linda Eder
O Holy night – Josh Grobin
Gabriel’s Message – Sting
Don’t Save it All for Christmas Day – Celine Dion
Ave Maria – Celine Dion
Christmas Baby Please Come Home – U2
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – The Pretenders
Christmastime – Smashing Pumpkins
It Must Have Been Good Ol Santa Claus – Harry Connick, Jr.
Breath of Heaven – Amy Grant
Panis Angelicus – Charlotte Church
If I Can Dream – Della Resse
Walking In The Air – Kenny Loggins
Miss You Most At Christmas Time – Mariah Carey
Face of Love – Jewel
Auld Lang Syne – Ann Wilson
I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm – Billie Holiday
Sleigh Ride – Ella Fitzgerald
I’ll Be Home for Christmas – Bing Crosby
Button Up Your Overcoat – Dick Haymes
O Little Town of Bethlehem – Nat King Cole
The Man With the Bag – Vonda Shepard
Silent Night - Stevie Knicks
Merry Christmas Darling - Karen Carpenter
Miniature Overture & March of the Toys, Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite – The Glenn Miller OrchestraCannon in D
"The Hallelujah Chorus" from Handel's Messiah
*Anything 1940’s, jazz, or classic standard.
*Also, anything Christmas or otherwise that Robert Downey Jr., Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Nat King Cole or Linda Eder sing make me smile.
So there you go, how Greek Girl rolls at Christmas! Hope you have a blessed week!
Blessings, Love & Music ~
Ava :D
www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment