Sunday, November 20, 2011

Open Season



Me learning to shoot a gun. Oh no, better look out now!
It seems this time of year brings out something in all of us that makes it like open season.  No, I don't just mean because Hunting Season opens in NY this week, just in time for Thanksgiving of course.  Nothing like a bunch of drunk hill-billy NY'ers running around the woods in upstate NY with a long-gun while stuffed up on turkey and ham. Okay, if there is one thing the Greek Girl does not go for it's Open Season.  The day you ever catch me raising a gun or any weapon for that matter at an animal is the day you check me into the looney-bin.  Now, don't get me wrong, I am not one to supress the right to own and use a gun.  If someone is up for hunting and that's their thing, well so-be-it, just don't offer me any of your dead Bambi.
But aside from hunting for deer or wild-turkey, it seems the Media has declared it's open season on everyone whose running for president in the GOP (figuratively that is). Everyday we hear on the news that one or the other candidate has some sort of scandal they have to uncover or cover or whatever, it all makes my noggin hurt.  Regardless of who anyone may be rooting for, to me there just seems to be way to much muckery and meanness going around.  I don't know why they can't just talk about the facts without getting all personal and loosing their cool, just sayin.  Of course that would probably be too grown up and since when did politicians ever act like grown ups anyway? ;D
Then you go and look at the news and see that all around the country we've got crazies pouring into the streets with tents and bongo's because they don't like banks or student loans?  It's like some crunchy hippie yahoo has declared open season on the banking system.  What I don't understand is how these idiots occupying every city think they are going to accomplish anything other than annoy the heck out of the rest of the country.  It's so counterproductive it's not even funny.
I just wish it were open season for Ava Aston and that Mr. Brick's had my calendar filled with dates and meetings with record execs.  Instead... he's off cleaning someones antiques and eating the last bits of the McRib's before they disappear again.  If it were up to me, I would be Bambi and every record exec and booking agent would be setting their aim on me instead.  Oh well, until then I guess I gotta keep plugging away.  Back to the salt mines...
The cool thing is that in light of all this chaos and confusion as to what "open season" is taking place this week, I did get a bunch of rough cuts  for the new music I am planning to record in January.  Oh wait you didn't know?  Living under a rock again huh?  Well,  the Greek Girl is declaring her own "Open Season", but this one is in the recording studio.  I have signed a production deal with Killingsworth Studio's here in NY.  They helped me record my song "We The People" and some of the tracks on my album "Gone".  Well, once I get my KickStarter.com campaign funded I will be racing on down to record these tunes.
I am so psyched about these songs I can't wait to share them with you.  On top of that, I am waiting on the final song for my 3-Song EP titled "I Don't Even Care" that I made with my oh-so-talented cousin in Upstate NY.  That one should be out before Christmas - for those of you who can;t wait to download it.  If you want to learn more about how you can help make it Open Season on Ms. Ava Aston visit my Kickstarter campaign now.  Hope you have a beautiful day!




Blessings, Love & Music ~

No comments:

Post a Comment