Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving



Stuffing the turkey is complete muckery
Thanksgiving is by far one of my most favorite holidays of year.  I know most of you who know anything about the Greek Girl know how much I love it when it's flip-flop weather and may be surprised about this.  Yeah, that's true, however there is something so magical about this time of year.  I guess somehow growing up in the Northeast where you can really connect with what the traditional aspect of Thanksgiving really was with the Pilgrims helps get you in the mood. Maybe it has something to do with the field trip or two or ten taken to the old world colonial parts of Massachusetts.
I can't tell if it's the turning of the leaves or the cool crisp autumn air when I go out for my run.  Whatever it is yes I might be sad to put away my flip flops, but I get happy again when I breathe in the cold air and stop to reflect on how many things I have to be thankful for.  No, not everything in life may be exactly the way I want it at this particular moment.  On the flip side, I am alive, I have a roof over my head, I have all of my limbs, I am healthy, and I am loved.  Aren't those really the most important things anyway?  So often we can get so caught up in trying to get everything "done" and are so busy chasing things, goals, dreams, whatever it may be that we may forget to cherish the things that we do have.

So today I am stopping to count my blessings (yes even my manager Mr. Bricks and all of the time he spends at Mc Donald's vs. getting me a record deal).  I hope you have a beautiful blessed Thanksgiving no matter where you are, what you are doing or who you are spending it with.  Remember as long as you are breathing you are blessed.   Hope you enjoy this "Thanksgiving Edition of Ava the Diva".


Blessings, Love & Music ~
Ava xox
www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment