Sunday, November 6, 2011

Running The NYC Marathon


Run the race set before you!

As I write this we are coming up on just under 8 hours from the start of probably one of the worlds most famous marathons ever to be run; The NYC Marathon.  This year like some of those in the past it's being called the ING NYC Marathon.  Regardless of what sponsor is hosting the event it's still amazing.  I can't quite imagine any one marathon being any more of a diverse event that brings runners of all kinds together in a tradition of sheer will and determination.
As most of you know, I love to run.  Running to me is heaven, aside from singing and being on stage.  Running is something that is like a drug to me.  I get a rush of endorphins that race through my veins as I rush past the each of my own landmarks and guideposts along the way.  Here in my own neck of the woods I have a certain path I like to take.
I Googled it and made sure it was an exact 5 miles from start to finish.  No, it's not 26.2 miles long like the marathon, it's not like the Greek Girl has enough time in my day to run that far.  Although at some point in my life, I do want to run a marathon for charity.
Now, all this talk about running has gotten my noggin thinking.  Though some of you may or may not agree with me on politics or religion or even have a sense of faith, but there is one thing in the Bible I believe holds true to all of us.  One of my favorite passages goes like this, "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us" Hebrews 12:1.
So what is my point?  Well, like the NYC Marathon some people run to say they ran it, others win for charity and yet still others run it in hopes of actually winning it.  In the end there is only one real winner.  So why do so many thousands of people line up knowing they most likely may not complete it and especially not win the race?  Because, it's just like life. In life we are all here for our very own reason.  It's reason is as unique as our DNA and we may never know what our greatest purpose or cause may have been until we leave this Earth.
So why do we do it?  We do it because we have to.  We have a driving force within us that says we "must" complete this.  We "must" attempt to be great at this thing that we pursue.  We "must" run this race of our life as best we can.  The sad thing, is that so often many of us give up way before we are even half-way to the finish line.  Like the NYC Marathon many people in life set out to achieve great things and to aspire to a goal. They make New Years Resolutions and promises only to be broken.
That is why, today I am setting out on a new race.  It's the same race I have been running my entire life.  It's the same race, I'm just running it on a different track. For the past few months I have been digging down deep inside to find what really drives me with my music and what my source of hope and inspiration is.  In that, I have truly found that my race in this life is not as a sprint like some others may experience.  My race is taking a little longer than I may have imagined, it's more like a steady marathon.  Many of you already know that my goal is to be a blessing to many people and to do this through my music. It's my dream, my passion, and my purpose to use my God-given gift to be a positive influence and role model to people of all ages though my music, healthy lifestyle and positive attitude. I desire to use whatever monetary gain I can achieve through my music to give back to those less fortunate and in need.  People whom life seems to have looked past, to lift them up and make them feel special, cared for and loved.  This is what is truly in my heart.
As of November 6, 2011 (today) I will begin a 60-day journey of faith and trust as I begin a new leg of my race.  I have started a campaign on KickStarter.com.  The goal of the campaign is to raise the necessary funds to produce and promote my next album by offering exclusive rewards and prizes to people for pledging.  Honestly - if the campaign is successful, it will allow me to record my "truest" album to date.  This will be the one project that will be done without cutting corners, or limitations.  I've been writing, writing, writing, and have teamed up with a very talented producer.  This record will surmise everything I have gone through and come to thus far in my life in the pursuit of my goal.  It will be made without trying to "label" it or make it be something the "powers that be" - ie; the music industry gate keepers think it should be. It will just be me, singing my songs the way I have ever since I was five years old singing with the hairbrush in the mirror.  Honest and true to my own unique musical recipe.  It is with great passion that I'm taking this leap of faith.
The whole purpose of the campaign is to engage my fans and invite them to be a part of this very special upcoming record.  Without the aid of a record label or a fiancial backer, I have been pursuing a career as a recording artist all on my own on a shoestring budget and the tireless efforts of a special few.  Now, I am asking all of my friends and fans to join me in my race.  I want to finish strong and the only way I can is to run it with you by my side.  So, I'm asking you all to take a moment to learn about & share my campaign by going to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/avaaston/ava-aston-new-album.  Join me in my race and help me make it to the finish line.  It is not how fast you finish the race, what really matters is that you make it to the finish line.
Blessings, Love & Music ~
Ava xox :D
www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment