Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day - 11/11/11



Remembering so many who gave so much and ask for so little.
Only one time in our history will we ever be able to have the opportunity to experience the calendar reflecting such a number as 11/11/11.  As unique as it is, there is no better holiday to fall on such a day.  We live in a world that is moving so fast it's hard to sometimes catch the "moments".  For many of you, you already know that this Greek Girl is big on family and big on giving back, but most of all I am big on honoring those who deserve it the most.
Not many people know my mom works with Vet's all the time as part of her job with the Military Order of the Purple Heart.  She has shared with me some of the most heartbreaking stories of some of the men and women she works to help (obviously she would never share names or personal details).  Men who have no hands, others who have no legs and some who are completely disfigured.  It breaks my heart how many of them go through life being forgotten and still there are others who never even came home.  So recently I joined up with Operation First Response in helping raise funds for wounded soldiers and their families through sales of my CD's.  They operate only on 10% while giving back 90% to those in need.
Click Here to Help our Wounded Hero's


That is also why I dedicated my song and the video for "I Carry You With Me" to our Veterans, as they have had to deal with grief and loss all too often.
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8hVGs1R1Ds?rel=0&w=560&h=315]
Have you said Thank you to a Veteran lately?  Please take not just today, but every day to give back to those who have given so much.  Have a beautiful blessed Veterans Day my blog friends!
Blessings, Love & Music ~
Ava xox :D
www.avaaston.com

1 comment: