Sunday, July 17, 2011

Little Miracles

It's the LIttle things...

Kids say the darndest things, and they also say some very profound things. For those of you out there scratching your head (no the Greek girl does not, I repeat does Not have any kiddies, well except for my fur-babies). I am however fortunate enough to have some insanely adorable and very smart nieces & nephews.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending a few hours with my sister from Kansas & her family. Their three kids are really some of the most cute, smart, and honestly sweet kids I have ever met. I know kids are a result of the parenting, but I am always so blown away by how smart and sensitive these kids are whenever I am lucky enough to spend time with them since they live in the middle of the country. (note to tour manager - schedule more stops in KS please...) ;D Back to my point, well since I don't have kids, it always makes me laugh when I am around any the things that they say.

So yesterday being the super fun auntie that I am, I suggested we all go for ice cream, because we all know that ice cream = F~U~N! We all had just got our choices in our hot little hands about to indulge when my niece "Eva the Diva" (who is looks very much like a mini me btw, as her mom my sister and I look very similar as well) So Eva blurts out,"Ice Cream is a Miracle." Needless to say we all got quite a laugh from it. Here are just some of the few nuggets I have heard from the kiddies:

"So what happens if you put your foot in the toilet when you flush it?"

Walking into an air conditioned house from outside "Oh my Gosh this is Great"

Referring to new sparkle shoes "Like my new shoes?... They make dreams come true"

"Look mom I did my own make-up"

Laying out his new shirt for school "Well... now all the girls will be attracted to me"

Funny at the time, but when little Diva made her statement about Ice Cream being a miracle... it made me stop and think about what we all as individuals consider a miracle. As the saying goes "One mans trash is another mans treasure". What one person sees as a miracle, may be viewed as a mess to another person. For me, my little miracles are quite simple really. Being able to spend time with friends and family that I cherish, my health, savoring the amazing beauty in nature on a long run, pushing past limits, loving my doggies, and of course making my favorite souls expression - music. There is nothing I enjoy on this earth more than being able to create a great song that people can connect with and where I can express what I'm feeling. Of course performing that song or any song that really makes my heart happy is a Miracle to me.

So my thought for the day... whatever your little miracles may be, from Ice Cream to creating Art - embrace them, experience them, but whatever you do don't forget them. Because they are what make you, you.

Blessings, Love & Music ~
Ava :D xox

www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment