Friday, July 1, 2011

Fireworks



Amazing :D
NOTE: IN THE SPIRIT OF THE 4TH OF JULY HOLIDAY AND TO KEEP MY NOGGIN SAFE AND SANE, I WILL NOT BE POSTING A NEW BLOG UNTIL TUESDAY JULY 6TH! 


So.... What are you going to do for 4th of July?  That seems to be the big question on everyone's mind the last week or so.  No need to ask what old man Brick's will be doing, I'm sure he will do like he always does, wear his circa 1986 white jeans and make a trip to Mc Donald's.  But wait a minute, he does that every day, so what makes that special for the 4th of July?... hmmmm
What is the Greek Blonde Girl gonna do for the 4th of July?  I have a nice muckery free weekend planned.  I am going to do what any red blooded american girl would do ~ and go shopping of course!  The 4th of July is a great time to putz around my favorite outlet mall and find treasures.  I also like to hit a good TJ Max (since I am a Maxinista afterall), Marshall's, and more than likely will make a trip to Kohls.
Unless I am out of town doing a show or an acting job, when I am at home in the Hudson Valley (just outside NYC)  I pretty much have a few things I regularly do when the 4th of July rolls around.  Since it is America's birthday the only proper thing to do is have a slice of Apple pie, don't mind if I do. ;D One of the weekend days I like to spend doing yard work.  Yes I have to do my own yard work, and yes I know if Mr. Bricks would hurry up and get me a record deal I would have someone to do the yard work for me. Until then, it's greek gardening 101 at the Aston House.  Since I'm severley allergic to poison ivy/oak/sumack that grows amuck in my yard, I always have to be uber careful to wear gloves, and try my darndest not to touch anything the gloves touched (always easier said than done).  Even though I rarely make it through a summer without an episode of it, I just can not resist the urge to get out and make the flower beds looks pretty.
After yard work is done, I usually find time to get in a good run, a few hours laying in the sun, and having a cookout with family & friends.  The following day I like to spend shopping. Who doesn't love a good sale & hitting Woodbury Commons just makes me giddy.  There are tons of of my favorite stores there: Coach, Nike, Michael Kors, Burberry, Kenneth Cole, and it's outside so it is a great way to spend the day.  Walking, shopping, enjoying the fresh air, and they have an ice cream & hot dog stand.... hello!!! Yes we all know I'm a health nut and normally eat super healthy, but hey it's 4th of July, I work out like a maniac and a kiddie size ice cream and one hot dog with mustard & sauerkraut never killed anyone.  Everything in moderation, right. Well, that is everything except shopping.  Kidding. ;D
Depending on when I get shopped out, hitting a good movie always makes me smile.  I'm really looking forward to seeing The New Transformers movie, Dark of the Moon !! Everyone knows how much I love the Bumble Bee Camaro... and the characters Bumble Bee & Optimus Prime are two of my favorites!!! Can't wait to see what happens in this installment!
Last but not least.... No matter where I happen to be on the 4th of July, I HAVE to see fireworks.  It's not negotiable... it's just not.  4th of July = fireworks, it is that simple! I love America & there is nothing more American than seeing a gorgeous display of fireworks on the 4th of July... and there is no place I love watching it more than the annual Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular!  I like to find a remote secluded spot to watch on my car from the Jersey side of the Hudson. Who wants to be stuck in traffic after they're done right?....  I can't think of a better way to round out the holiday weekend than to lay on top of my car enjoying the view and reflecting on all the fun of the weekend.
So what's on your agenda?  Whatever it is, I hope you have a safe, fun & wonderful Holiday!
Love & Music ~
Ava :D xox

No comments:

Post a Comment