Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Good China


A threat to US security?
I've been not feeling well and in a NyQuil fog for the last couple of days, so I haven't exactly seen why there is all of this fuss about China.
Besides, I'm not much of a news watcher on TV as of late because it seems that most of the stations want to live up to the TV news motto, "If it bleeds, It leads" They are looking for negative grisly stories to report, far  more than they are looking for positive, uplifting, feel good stories.  So I just got into the habit of  not watching the news. I get my news from a variety of online sources, where it is more reliable and because everything on the superweb is true.  Besides, I can read the stories that I want to hear about, not what some news director wants me to hear about.
I keep seeing everywhere, including on Twitter that China is a trending topic. Why? How boring.  I'd rather hear about The Real Housewives of New Jersey...wait, no I wouldn't.  I take that back.
One online news source had a headline that said "China Bad for US Economy" and yet another one said "China a threat to US Security?" So why is China all the sudden such a big topic?
I know China seems a little antiquated. Its seems like I  heard more about China when I was younger. I always think about old ladies when I hear the word China.  My Grandmother could talk for hours about China.  Of course she is Greek, so no big surprise there. My Grandmother told me that some day she would give me China. I'm still waiting. But then again, if it's such a national security threat, I think I should tell my Grandmother no can do on the China.
Another online news site reported that President Obama might appoint a Czar to China. That just seems silly to me, but I suppose whom ever became that Czar would be busy and could claim to have a full plate -- just sayin'.
Maybe I am totally missing something here. If China is such a National Security risk to our country why then is The President having an elaborate State dinner at the White House with China. I know that is true  because I checked it out on Snopes.com and here is a photo:


Obama State Dinner With China!
Well, what ever the fuss is about China, this Greek Girl is unimpressed. I was bored when my Grandmother talked about China and I'm bored about China now. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Blessings,
Ava
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment