Thursday, January 27, 2011

Watch Your Back Mr. Groundhog


Bill Murray in "Ground Hog Day"
I am sick of winter. It started snowing yesterday at about 8:00AM and it never stopped. I've been a Miss Greek Grumpy Pants since then because I am so over winter this year. And it's only late January.
"I do not like it when it snows. I do not like my frozen toes. I do not like when cold wind blows, I do not like that my house pipes froze." Ava Aston - Winter 2011
That white crap outside that is falling from the sky put a big damper on all of the things I had planned:
  • I can not just hop in my car and get a cup of Dunkin Donuts Coffee
  • I can not go for a nice 5  mile run with my iPod and sneakers
  • I can not go shopping at the outlets at the Woodbury Commons
  • I can not spend the Kohls' cash that is burning a hole in my pocket
  • I can not just let my dogs just outside to pee
I would love to be somewhere tropical right now. Somewhere with 85ยบ where I can be in shorts, flips flops and a t-shirt. But no, I'm rolling in New York looking like a wooly mammoth all bundled up in a hat, scarf, my fluffy blanket coat and mittens. That is so messed up. Here are 5 things I can think of that you can do in this weather:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
That's right nothing. Nadda, zip, zero!
Greek Girl Trivia: The first official Groundhog Day was celebrated on February 2, 1886 in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. Mr. Bricks say it was a very festive celebration, but he doesn't remember a whole lot since he was just a kid way back then.
I'm hoping that next Monday February 2nd Punxsutawney Phil doesn't see his nappy ass shadow, because if he does, I'll be the Blonde Greek Girl who will hunt down the fat little rodent with my daddy's rifle - he will be in my crosshairs - just sayin'
Blessings,
Ava
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment