Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fair Weather Friend

I have spoken a lot on my blog in the last few days about the beach, sand and the surf. I should apologize to those blog readers who live in areas where the weather was not as great as it was in Florida. While I was posting, tweeting and blogging away in the warm sunshine, some of you were rusting away in a cold drizzle. I feel for you.
I knew maybe I had rubbed some people the wrong way with my constant surf side updates when Mr. Bricks tweeted me that he hoped I got sand in my sneakers. (if you do not follow me yet on Twitter you can follow me @avaaston)
My hopes are that you do not hold my vacation against me and treat me as a "fair- weather" friend. A fair-weather friend is the type who is always there when times are good but forgets about you when things get difficult or problems crop up. The Urban Dictionary describes it as, "A friend who is only a friend when circumstances are pleasant or profitable. At the first sign of trouble, these capricious, disloyal friends will drop their relationship with you."
But that is so, not me. Keep in mind I am the same Greek girl who was freezing her noggin off with the rest of the nation for the months of November, December, January, February and March! I think I am entitled to 10 days of sunshine without anyone bailing on me for this little time I have spent defrosting in the Florida sunshine.
I am excited to start heading back to the salt mines. I have left Mr. Bricks alone minding the candy store for way too long. I think that is why he tweeted me the nastygram about sand in my sneakers.  Maybe Mr. Bricks is a fair-weather manager???
Blessings,
Ava
xox
PS  2 more days until the premiere of my music video "Gone" on Thursday April 28th

No comments:

Post a Comment