Friday, April 15, 2011

La Niña is an old Spanish word for Crappy Weather


Rainy Days and Mondays
I’m just like the next person, I don’t mind a little rain here or there. However, this spring is not starting off on the right foot for the Greek girl's satisfaction. I already had to take Old Man Winter off of my Christmas card list for not being so nice this year and I am wondering if Spring and Mr. Sunshine are following in Old Man Winter's footsteps. I know it's because we are experiencing a La Niña year. La Niña is characterized by unusually cool ocean surface temperatures in the central and eastern tropical Pacific. It is the opposite of El Niño, which is characterized by unusually warm ocean surface temperatures.

Yesterday was gorgeous and today looks promising!! But I would like it if perhaps we could put more than one or two days in a row where the sun actually makes more than a cameo appearance.  I am an actress, the word cameo is an old acting word that means, really small part. I'd like Mr. Sunshine to have a major guest star role or better yet, starring role in our weather forecast. I'm ready for that movie.

The Aston Kids
The other day I was in the city and unlike the weather man saying the rain would be here or there, it was anything but there…it was all here! I’m not talking about a little sprinkle, it was a grab the hammer and build an ark type of continual downpour, that’s what I’m talkin’ about. Then later that night the lightning was so violent it shook the house.
All of this lousy spring weather has got me thinking…I have four dogs. I think the rules of an ark are that I’m only allowed to bring on two of each type of animal. Hmmm, that’s messed up. I realize that I couldn’t decide if I had to choose between my four fur babies, which two would go on the boat ride with me. Part of the problem is they all think they are the #1 dog of the Aston pack.  Maybe I don’t help that by secretly whispering into each of their furry ears that they are my #1 doggie.
They are such a good little pack. Maybe that is an added benefit of all these cold rainy New York days, is that they want to stay together! You know what? I don't need no stinking sunshine, because if it rains all spring, I’m staying at home inside, with a big cup of hot coffee and all four of my canine kids.
Let me ask you friends, have you hugged your doggie(s) today?
Blessings,
Ava
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment