Tuesday, October 5, 2010

If you are a loser, I like you!

Many of you reading this know by now how much having a daily physical fitness routine and having really good eating habits means to me, right? I constantly talk about it on Facebook and Twitter.  So, I decided to let you in on a few secrets of mine.
I'm a big fan of the reality show The Biggest Loser.  Truth be told, when I was a child I was on the thick side, so I can relate to all of those trying so hard on the show. Of all the reality shows, it is the one series that really tugs at my heart-strings the most, because it is so inspirational. Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper are great. They are doing so many positive things by changing people's lives for the better.  Kudos to NBC on that one.
Before I get into my "secrets", it I must say I am not a doctor, (but if any casting directors are out there, I will play one on TV) So, I suggest before you start any drastic changes in your diet or fitness routine it's always a good idea to check it out with your own (real) doctor before you start. Alright, legal disclaimer is out-of-the-way...
HEALTHY EATING
It has nothing to do with skipping meals. People who really know me or spend time around me  are amazed at how much I do eat. It's not the volume, but how often. Just like clock work, I eat regularly every three hours. Nothing big, but several small meals throughout the day. The old say, anything in moderation isn't too bad.
Here is a picture of one my typical lunch or dinners.  Notice the biggest thing on the plate is a baked potato. It is a super food and you can't go wrong with it. To liven it up, I added a little cottage cheese -- yummo, it's delish.  Exnay the concept of having a baked potato loaded to the skins dripping with butter, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, sour cream,
chives and buckets of salt & pepper.  That's not happening folks. Not today, not tomorrow, not never.  My manager, Mr. Bricks says a potato with cottage cheese makes him vomit a little in his mouth. But he just doesn't know what he is missing. I have threatened to send him to superstar fitness guru Jillian Michaels' Fat Camp, or as I call it "Jillian Jail" ....she will change his eating habits one way or another.  I rounded this meal off with some fried zucchini sticks and an egg white spinach omelette with some ketchup on top. I love ketchup. Heinz, looking for a pitch girl???.... Love your product, I'm just sayin'.
WORKING OUT
I have my daily routines. I do a lot of running. Nothing is better than lacing up the Nike 360 Air Max sneakers, clipping on the iPod and just running! It is all about the endorphins.
Sometimes living in New York we get this stuff called snow.... So I can't always get outside like I would like too. So I do have workouts I do inside when I don't run or can't run. I am certified in aerobics, but I am not a gym rat. When I want to work out, I work out. I don't want to prance around a gym in designer workout clothes with make-up on. For me its put my hair in a pony tail, slap on some sweats and a t-shirt, lace up a pair of Nike Shox sneakers and let the sweating begin. Another reason I don't like going to the gym is when I am working out really hard and start to sweat, my face turns bright red. I look like a tomato that is ready to burst. Attractive? I think not. Seriously I look like a tomato, I'm not kidding you.
So when I work at home I use several different DVD programs to work out to. My favorite one is Tony Horton's P90X® Extreme workout program -- it is a real butt kicker, but so worth it. When I lived in Los Angeles I worked out doing kick boxing with Billy Blanks in his gym.  Now that was a blast. I love kick boxing and Billy rocks!
I did do a Hydroxycut commercial, actually my photo at the top in the purple bikini is from a Hydroxycut photo shoot. They never aired my commercial.  I like their products, however, everyone has to decide what is right for them and I want to stress once again, no matter what you do you should always check with your own doctor first. They went to a bazillion years of school for a reason.
So...I am climbing down from my soap box right now.  I hope this was informational.
Have a blessed day!
Ava          xox

No comments:

Post a Comment