Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It Gets Butter

I hate to be a copy cat. But I feel I should also speak up about bullying around the dinner table.  I am proof to say it gets butter.
As you all know, I am very health conscience. But it wasn't always that way. When I was younger I was a little butterball. I did get bullied a bit in school for being a chunky kid. Fortunately for me, my arms and legs grew to match the rest of my body and so the teasing stopped. I'm telling you this because in no way do I want anyone to think that I am making fun of the issue of bullying! Hey, I've been there and  it's not fun.
But now I try to work out everyday and I am very careful about what I eat. I am on stage and in front of the public all the time, so I want to always look good and try to be in the best shape as possible. Bullying still exists with adults. It's not just limited to teens and children. I was glad to see blogger Perez Hilton publicly say he was going to try to not be such a bully to celebrities on his website anymore. The press can also be a bully at times. Although I am not a fan of Lady Gaga, I have seen the pictures of her floating around the internet and the press is saying unflattering things about her packing on the pounds! That is such an uncool thing to say about anyone.
I hope no one is circulating pictures of me saying I've put on a few extra pounds! I'll have to kick their butt, know what I'm sayin'? So having a healthy public image is part of my job description and one of the reasons I have adopted such a healthy lifestyle, but only a small reason.  The main reason I do it is to be healthy and to live as long as I can. Everyone's going to have to put up with this Greek Blonde for a very long time. And Greeks have a very long life expectancy.
That's another important message I would like to get out to everyone, especially young girls. Young girls should know that there are way more important things in life than trying to look like a supermodel. If you want to work out, then great do it to be healthy, not to compete and compare yourself with other girls' appearances. God made you the beautiful person that you are.
All I know is that I don't want to do a 90-minute Jillian Michaels' DVD work-out for nothing. I mean why come close to death 15 times during the work out and then immediately afterwards eat a bag of Nacho Flavored Doritos, washed down with a 2 litre Diet Coke?  Who do you think I am, Mr. Bricks?
Back to the blog....I love butter. I love butter almost as much as I love ketchup. But if I put as much real butter on everything that I would like to, you would see them tying ropes around my body and I would float like one of those huge balloons in The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, I'm just sayin' this girl loves her butter. But as I said, I have gotten smart about what I eat.
So, for my butter fix, I have found a healthy alternative. It's called Smart Balance Light Original Buttery Spread with Flax.  Its delicious buttery taste with 50% fewer calories than butter or regular margarine. (I sound like a commercial don't I?) -- It's delicious buttery taste with 50% fewer calories than butter or regular margarine.
The manufacturer  of Smart Balance Light Original Buttery Spread with Flax has listed some other healthy key selling points on their website:
  • Supports healthy cholesterol levels that are already within the normal range
  • Made with a unique blend of natural oils that improves the ratio of “good” HDL to “bad” LDL
  • 50% less fat and calories than butter or stick margarine
  • Delicious, creamy buttery taste
  • No hydrogenated oils
  • No partially hydrogenated oils
  • 0g trans fat
  • No palm kernel oil
  • Excellent source of Omega-3 ALA (320mg per serving, 20% of 1,600mg daily value)
  • Good source of Vitamins A and E
  • Gluten-Free
  • Gelatin-Free
  • Vegan
So if I want some butter on my baked potato I don't feel guilty. A baked potato, as I have said before, is a super food and I probably have 6 or 7  baked spuds a week. Imagine if I had them all smothered with real butter. I would be a real oompa-loompa.
So folks, now you know when it comes to the issue of butter how I roll. I don't do without it on my baked potato, it gets butter!
Blessings,
Ava
oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment