Thursday, October 21, 2010

OMG! My mom is trending on Twitter

Can you think of anything scarier than logging onto Twitter and seeing that your own Mom is a trending topic on Twitter? Now that's a thought that kinda makes me vomit a little in my mouth. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mom to death. But I really don't want the whole world talking about her in 140 characters or less. She's my Mom, and well I just think somethings are private and shouldn't be fodder for Twitter.
Here are also a few other tweet topics I hope I never see trending on Twitter:
  • Chicken McNugget Shakes
  • $h*! My Dog Leaves
  • MrBricks Girlfriends
  • Days of Our Lives Cancelled
The whole reason this came up today is when I was  getting ready to Tweet something about my songs being on iTunes I noticed that #HueyLewis was trending. I'll be honest, the first thing I thought was that he had died! I mean this week I saw #BarbaraBillingsley and  #TomBosley both trending because they died. I hate to say it, but you all know how they say celebrities die in threes, right? Well, I just figured Huey's time was up and he was dead celebrity #3.  Why else was he trending?  But thank goodness for the Power of Love fans around the world, when I Googled Huey Lewis I learned that he wasn't dead. In fact he was alive and well and singing the National Anthem at the Giants / Phillies game.
Then I got mad. I mean Mrs. Cleaver and Mr. C deserved to be trending Twitter topics because they have both given us hundreds of hours of laughs. And what better way to pay our digital respects than to Tweet our favorite memories of them to our friends.
But Huey Lewis trending for singing the National Anthem at a ball game? I don't think so. Look, I've sung the National Anthem at a boatload of professional sporting events and it never trended, nor did I expect it too. So whats the big deal with Huey? But then I realized why he was trending... I think it's because when people saw Huey Lewis on TV tonight, they started tweeting their friends saying things like,  Dude, I didn't know Huey Lewis was still alive?,  Who is this old guy singing? or  Wow, did you see those jets do a fly by over the stadium when that dude was singing? Awesome!
On Saturday when Mr. Bricks actually tweeted me that Barbara Billingsley had died I was sad for him. He was lucky enough to be able to call her a friend.  He told me a story that the last time he saw her was about a year a half ago.  Mr. Bricks said Barbara was 92 and she looked stunning in her heels and pearls!!  Mr. Bricks said when he went up to give her a hug she leaned into him and whispered into his ear, "Mr. Bricks, tuck in your shirt tail,  you don't want to look like a slob." Spoken like a real mom!
Quick Trivia: Leave It To Beaver is syndicated all over the world and it has never gone off the air since it debuted on October 4, 1957 and went into syndication.  Somewhere around the world it is always playing. You can thank Mr. Bricks for that little piece of trivia. He is full of useless crap like that!
Speaking of Barbara Billingsley, I'd be remiss if I didn't include her clip from the movie Airplane where she spoke Jive.
Clip from the movie Airplane where Barbara speaks Jive

Yes Mrs. Cleaver you will be missed by Mr. Bricks and millions and millions of fans around the world. You were the best TV Mom ever. And I'm so glad my Mom is still around so I can pick up the phone and call her anytime. I just don't want her to ever be a trending topic on Twitter for any reasons. It kinda wigs me out that she even has a Twitter account. Know what I'm sayin'?  I Love you Mom!
Blessings,
Ava
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment