Saturday, November 6, 2010

South Park Rocks!


I really enjoy a good belly laugh and the one program that I use as my go-to show for a guaranteed laugh, is South Park. South Park first aired on August 13, 1997 and ever since I started watching it as a teenager, I can not even tell you how many countless hours I have wasted laughing at it.  The writing is brilliant and the humor is spot on, I like it because it is like  a rebel show compared to the other animated shows.  I'm Greek and I am a rocker chick, I kind of like rebels. Let me also say, that if you have been living under a rock, or locked away in an attic or haven't watched any television for the past 13 years, let me warn you that South Park is not a cartoon for young children. With that said, as a fan of animation, I am glad to see some adult fare like South Park on TV to keep us all from totally losing every aspect of our childhood.
Of all of the characters, Cartman is my favorite and he is one of the four main characters of South Park.  I can totallay identify with him on so many levels. He is voiced by Trey Parker, one of the co-creators of the show. Cartman can best be described as a fat, spoiled, foul-mouthed, mean-spirited, sociopathic, selfish, and ill-tempered fourth-grader. Dang, if that doesn't also describe my manager, Mr. Bricks in a nutshell.
Cartman's full name is Eric Theodore Cartman and he lives with his mother in the fictional town of South Park, where he commonly has extraordinary experiences that are typical of living in a small town. While taking things that are going on in the news politics, music, etc. and poking a little fun in a silly sarcastic unique way.  It's kinda like my day-to-day muckery. Now you can see why I can identify with him so much, can't you?
It has been said that Cartman is one of the most popular characters on the show.  Also, along with Beaver Cleaver, Herman Munster and Lassie, Cartman remains one of the most recognizable and iconic television characters ever.
The co-creators of the show Trey Parker and Matt Stone describe Cartman as "a little Archie Bunker", and state that he is also their favorite character, and the one with whom they most identify.
Ok, how big of fan am I of Cartman? Besides being able to do a very mean Cartman voice, there is my my rocking Cartman Collection (yes I do collect Cartman dolls, T-shirts, photos, stickers and basically anything with him on it). Well, I also happen to have tattoo of him just above my ankle:

How's that for dedication? I guess I will know I have made it in the music industry when someone comes up to me after one of my performances  and then shows me they have tatted my name on some part of their body. I just hope my name is never inked on anyone's butt.   Do not get any ideas Mr. Bricks.  Just the thought of that makes me vomit a little in my mouth.
And for  every birthday since I started watching the show,  my Mom has a had Cartman birthday cake made special for me every year:

If you have never had the guilty pleasure of watching the show go to  www.Hulu.com or YouTube and start watching. I give it two thumbs up and I think you will too. Before anyone sends me a bunch of emails or nasty~grams - I realize it is just a TV show.  I do not live my life by or build my morals around it.  It is funny & makes me laugh ~ and if you can't laugh in life, especially in today's crazy world you might as well be 6 ft. under. 'nuff said.

Blessings,
Ava
xox
A side note: I will be one of the voices of the cartoon rats  for a new animated children's series called  TRPOH: The Rat Pack of Hollywood. All of the rats sing, so I get to act and sing. Yippie for me. More details as it becomes available.

www.avaaston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment