Thursday, December 23, 2010

I Won The Lottery


Yesterday while I was at the mall I bought a $5.00 scratch-off lottery ticket. Guess what? I won! The Greek Blonde Girl just won the lottery my friends. Woot Woot. Alert the media. My manager Mr. Bricks said, "Ava move away from there" Said "Californy is the place you ought to be" So I'm gonna load up the truck and move to Beverly.  Hills, that is. Swimmin' pools, movie stars...
Well, yah, I did win the lottery but it was only $10. Not enough to even buy a turkey club sandwich at my favorite Greek diner, let alone buy a mansion in Beverly Hills.  But it did double my money. At least now I can add the words lottery winner right after blog writer to my list of accomplishments that also include actor, recording artist and song writer.
Have you ever fantasized of winning the Mega Millions or the Powerball? Both games are multi-state lotteries with huge jackpots. I have allowed myself to daydream the "what if" dream about winning the lottery. First off, I'd still do my music career. There is no amount of money that will ever get me to abandon the gifts and dreams God gave to me. Not happening folks. But if I did ever win big on a lottery, I would have such a great time helping those in need. It would be cool to help other musicians and actors who have not yet had their big break -- because I have walked a mile in their sneakers (or Crocs) I know what they are going through. I also would absolutely take care of my Mom and my family. They have totally been there for me.
Alright you have a couple of bucks (literally 2 one-dollar bills) in your wallet that your blue-haired grandmother slipped into your Christmas card. You think you want to try your luck on the lottery. So just how much could you win? Well according to the Powerball website here are the largest payouts for their game:
The largest Powerball jackpot of $365 million occurred on February 18, 2006 and was won by a single ticket in Nebraska. It was shared by eight persons who worked for a meatpacking plant. They elected to receive their winnings in cash, sharing $177,270,519.67 (before taxes). This is the largest prize awarded for a single ticket in an American lottery.
Jack Whittaker of West Virginia the claimant to the then biggest one-ticket jackpot, $315 million, won on Christmas, 2002. He elected the cash payout of $170,505,876 (before taxes).
On October 19, 2005, the West family of Jacksonville, Oregon won that evening's $340 million jackpot. However, the cash pool for their winnings was actually smaller than the $315 million jackpot from December 2002. Their cash share was "only" $164,410,058.03. The family won less than two months after the rules were changed to generate larger estimated annuity jackpots. Had the December 2002 jackpot been estimated under the current rules, it would have been $352.6 million.
On August 25, 2007, a jackpot worth $314 million was won by a retired auto worker from Ohio; that ticket was bought in Richmond, Indiana, a community that has sold two jackpot-winning tickets of at least $200 million each.
The other big multi-state lottery game, Mega Millions' largest prize won by a single ticket was for a drawing on November 15, 2005, a group called "The Lucky 7" held the single ticket, bought in Anaheim, California, winning them the $315 million jackpot. They chose the cash option, splitting $175 million before Federal tax. This remains the largest prize won by a single ticket in Mega Millions.
On March 6, 2007, the Mega Millions jackpot reached $390 million, which is the record for the largest jackpot total of any US lottery. The jackpot was divided by two tickets, which matched the all of the winning numbers and the Mega Ball number. Both winners elected to receive their prize in cash, with each share $116,557,083 before taxes.
Either one, or both of the Mega Millions or Powerball games are played in 43  states. The only states without either lotteries are Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming.
So which one should you put your Christmas money on? Currently, Mega Millions has better jackpot odds at (1:~176 million) than Powerball's odds which are listed at (1:~195 million.)
The next two drawings are:
Mega Millions Friday - Christmas Eve (12/24) estimated Jackpot amount $168,000,000
Powerball Saturday - Christmas Day (12/25) estimated jackpot amount $46,000,000
Good luck! Don't forget the Greek girl when you hit the jackpot!
Blessings,
Ava
xox

PS: You don't have to win the lottery to buy my CD's. I have a Christmas Bonus Sale on now through Christmas Day.



1 comment:

  1. Good respond in return of this difficulty with solid arguments and describing
    the whole thing about that.

    ReplyDelete