Wednesday, December 29, 2010

When All Else Fails - I Go To A Movie

Next to writing and recording songs, working out, shopping for sneakers, eating chocolate, or drinking a fresh cup of coffee one of my next most guiltiest pleasures in life is going to the movies. Maybe it is the actor in me, but there is something magical about sitting in a darkened room with a ginormous screen to watch a story unfold in front of your eyes. Yeppers, the silver screen! It's all very 1940's Hollywood tinsel town to me.
I think most single movie theatre screens are about 30-foot by 70-foot, however the screens in multiplex theaters are usually much smaller and you don't get the same experience. For me, I must see movies in the single theatre with the full screens, it's just how I roll.  Even with all of the elaborate home theaters I have seen built-in other celebrities' homes, like on MTV Cribs,  you still can never duplicate the movie going experience of a real live movie theater. Sorry, Lil' Bow-Wow, Shaq and Diddy the movie rooms in your cribs  just don't pass the Blonde Greek Girl's definition of a  real movie theater - just sayin.'
Last night I snuck away from my day-to-day life to finally go see the "Little Fockers". Spoiler Alert: At the end.....No worries, I won't ruin it for you. I will just say I thought there were some really great funny moments in this movie. It certainly didn't disappoint me. I felt for a sequel, it held its own against the 2000 original, "Meet The Parents" and the 2004 previous sequel, "Meet The Fockers." It's an awesome trilogy.  I think Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro are comic gold... they are so funny together.
I tried to get my manager Mr. Bricks to just throw caution to the wind and go see a movie as well. But his response was a non-response. It was just sort of grunt. I've been thinking, Mr. Bricks certainly grunts a lot, just like my dogs. Maybe Bricks is part Pekingese? I dunno, what do you think?  I am pretty sure the last movie Mr. Bricks saw in a theatre was "True Grit" --the original, with John Wayne way back in 1969 -- that was light years before my time!! Maybe if Mr. Bricks got out more and enjoyed a few movies he would learn to speak without grunting as much. I'm sure having a manager that is not part Neanderthal would help me get a record deal a little bit sooner -- again, just sayin'.
If you can't find me, you can always check in the local movie theatre. Now you know a secret of mine....when all else fails, I go to a movie!
Blessings,
Ava
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment