Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Promise Keepers



What is it about some people who have no problems not keeping their promises? I'm talking about situations where deal points have even been agreed upon, contracts have been signed -- and yet some people seem to think that it is OK -- that not keeping a promise is "no biggie." News flash - it is a "biggie." It's a huge deal to me!

I don't want anyone to read into my ranting here. My life is not spinning out of control and no my manager Mr. Bricks is not the reason for my rant...this time! (I'm watching you like a hawk Mr. Bricks) It's just I recently had someone break a promise and not live up to what they said would do for me and it's kinda left me speechless. I was blindsided. I did not see it coming. You know me, I'm Greek. I like to talk. So if someone's broken promise to me left me speechless, you know it was a big deal - just sayin'

So what does a person have if they do not have their word or their honor? I say they have nothing. No one will trust them, no one will respect them and most certainly no one will want to be associated with them. When I make a promise to someone -- it's as good as being written in blood. I will try my darndest to live up to the promise I made.

If you make a promise to me and then you find out you're not going to be able to live up to that promise - then come tell me. I'm a big girl, I've got my big girl underpants on. Stuff happens to everyone and I understand that life happens. But don't try to pretend you never made a promise or worse yet, totally ignore me. I'm like an elephant...I never forget. I forgive, but I don't forget. Just to break the promise for no good reason is uncalled for. Especially in this situation where I was depending on someone else and there is no other way for me to get it done. I guess some people do not have a conscience or a sense of responsibility.

Here are a couple of good quotes on promises:

  • Promises are like crying babies in a theater, they should be carried out at once. ~Norman Vincent Peale


  • A promise made is a debt unpaid. ~Robert Service


  • We must not promise what we ought not, lest we be called on to perform what we cannot. ~Abraham Lincoln


  • A promise is a comfort for a fool. ~Proverb


  • Promises may fit the friends, but non-performance will turn them into enemies. ~Benjamin Franklin

I am not saying all people break promises. But for the ones who do, it sure lets down the rest of humanity. However, no matter how often I may be dissapointed by others, with my faith I always remember that God is the one person who will always keep his promises. When God gives an unconditional promise, there are no "if’s," "and’s," or "but’s" about it! God says, "I WILL DO SOMETHING" and it does not matter if men like it or don’t like it, believe it or don’t believe it--God is still going to do it! An unconditional promise means that GOD WILL do what He promised no matter what! And that makes me smile at the times other people's promises go unfullfilled.

Well thanks for listening to my rant about those who don't keep their promises. I will be back tomorrow with a whole new attitude. I promise.

Blessings,

Ava

xox

Christmas Bonus Sale has been extended through Christmas Day!

1 comment:

  1. I was taught that a promise is like an Oath. Once given not to be Broken...

    ReplyDelete