Tuesday, February 15, 2011

At The End Of The Day


This is a nice sunset, but at the end of the day aren't they all at the beach?
One of the Greek girl's biggest pet peeves is hearing someone say the phrase, "At the end of the day" and then go on saying blah, blah, blah about something they are trying to distance themselves from.
From time to time I will be watching TV a see a celebrity I don't know being interviewed on a talk show and really like what they are saying. But then when it comes to something negative in their life they slip in that proverbial catch phrase, "at the end of the day" this or "at the end of the day" that ...sorry, own up to it. You just lost my respect.
Have you ever watched a sporting event when they go into the locker rooms and interview the winning and losing teams after the big game? The winning coach will say something like, "well we were prepared and we really whooped their butts!" Then when they turn the camera on the losing coach  during the interview he says something like, "I'm proud of my team, they played a good game, but at the end of the day we were outscored" Outscored?? No, you lost! You are a loser...own up to it!
Politicians running for office are some of the biggest abusers of this no-no phrase. When they are talking about their voting record or their views on certain political issues they almost always end it by saying something like ...."but at the end of the day my budget was 5% less than my opponents" (Well zipperhead your opponent's budget is a bazillion dollars more than the last person who held the same office)
Here is another example:
Me: "Mr. Bricks Do you have a record deal for me yet?"
Mr. Bricks: : No, but at the end of the day does it really matter if it happens this month or next month?"
Something is not right with that man's noggin is all I'm saying. Some wires got crossed when he was born I think because something is really messed up in his coconut. He doesn't get how important a record deal is for me.  Come on Mr. Bricks, own up to it!
Well, for better or worse this is my blog today and at the end of the day I am happy about it.
Blessings,
Ava
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment