Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Live Like You Were Dying


Ava Aston at Shea Stadium singing National Anthem before Mets game
I always try to make the best of each and every day. I guess to borrow a phrase from the Tim McGraw song, I could say I like to live like I was dying. Don't fret, The Greek Blonde girl isn't going anywhere just yet. You can't get rid of me before my manager Mr. Bricks gets me a record deal, can you?
Speaking of old man Bricks, When I asked him if he felt like he was living like he was dying he said,  "Ava, I always live like I am dying."  And I had the best come back on the planet, I said, "Yah Mr. Bricks, that's because you eat a McRib at McDonalds everyday. That'll make you die."   I thought it was funny, but I guess he was wearing his Mr. Grumpy pants that day. He just rolled his one lazy eye at me and left the room.
Live Like You We're Dying by Tim McGraw
"Like tomorrow was a gift,
And you got eternity,
To think about what you’d do with it.
An' what did you do with it?
An' what can I do with it?
An' what would I do with it?"
I think Tim McGraw is an awesome singer. I think that song happens to be one of his best songs ever. I have never met Tim, but one time when I was asked to sing the National Anthem at the old Shea Stadium I had a chance to meet his dad, baseball player Tug McGraw. This is a pretty funny story....lots of muckery for sure.
I was schedule to perform the National Anthem for "The Greatest Day in Mets History" day and since I had sung at that stadium several times before, it was kinda like routine for me. I knew exactly where to go and exactly where my dressing room was. However, when I got there my normal dressing room was filled with a bunch of guys. My baby sister Marie was with me to do my hair and to do my make-up.  I call Marie, Nene, which is Greek for "baby."
After Nene was finished with my make-up, and since I'm not trying to keep Up with the Kardashians, I wasn't going to change my clothes and get naked in front of a bunch of guys, so I asked all of the guys in the room to leave. Ok, I said "Get Out!" Now remember, I'm Greek, so whenever I talk, I talk fast and loud and I use my hands. So, when I said "Get Out!" Greek style these guys went running!!
That's right I kicked them out.
Nene was standing there with her jaw about ready to hit the floor after they all left. She said:
Nene: "Ava, Do you know who you just kicked out of the room?"
Ava: "No" why? Who were they?"
Nene: "Umm, Willie Mays, Keith Hernandez and Tug McGraw."
Ava: "Willie Mays, That's a funny name....and What's a Tug?"
Nene: "Shame on you Ava"
Ok, so I am not up to par with all of the names and faces of the great New York Mets. There are worse things in life...I could have a lazy eye!
Have a great day friends and don't forget to make it a great day and live like you were dying!
Blessings,
Ava
xox

6 comments:

  1. Too funny! I wonder what they would say about this... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ava you never told me you sang at Shea. Im a HUGE baseball fan and do a baseball podcast also. This is cool. I shared it with all my freinds on whatifsports.com Hopefully we can get you some blog followers out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry I have sung at almost every stadium and arena in the country...working on getting some NASCAR gigs this year.

    Blessings,

    Ava
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solo - most likely they would say Ava who! :)

    Blessings,

    Ava
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know when you come out to Anaheim or LA so I have a reason to watch these guys haha - At least the Angels have been good this DECADE ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will do that Larry.

    Blessings,

    Ava
    xox

    ReplyDelete