Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Intelligence is in Jeopardy



My Ultimate Jeopardy Board
Last night I had the TV remote in my hand and I was flipping through the channels when I came across Jeopardy and realized something wasn't right. The contestant in the center was a computer, the two guys surrounding the computer were brainiacs. This wasn't going to be good for my ego as I played along at home.
Turns out the computer was something named Watson and was built by IBM. IBM’s supercomputer made mincemeat of its competition, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter, who just happen to be the best two Jeopardy players of all-time. Needless to say, the computer won the day's game which made me oddly feel just a little bit smarter against Jennings and Rutter, although I am sure there is no more brain cells in my coconut than before I started watching the show.
I found out this is more like a celebrity Geek challenge version of Jeopardy instead of the winner keeps advancing type of game. Which is good because there is nothing normal about the intelligence of any of the three contestants. The way the IBM supercomputer Watson played last night I do not think it would ever lose. Not good news for the producers who would have had to shell out the cash if it just kept winning.  There was $1.5 million at stake. The winner will get a million bucks. The second-place contestant will receive $300,000, and the third-place contestant will get a paltry $200,000. IBM which would receive the cash if their supercomputer Watson won, said it would give the money to charity. Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter both said they will keep half if they win and donate the rest to charity.
I wonder if it is too late to form a charity for Greek Blonde Girls?  Just a thought!
Blessings,
Ava
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment