I was working out and listening to a little Alanis Morissette and I thought to myself, isn't this ironic - I am a singer and while I am working out, I am listening to another singer and somewhere in the world there was someone else working out while listening to one of my songs...(at least I hope there is.)
Life is full of ironies. Sometimes the irony is an old law that is still on the books.
- In Maryland a woman cannot go through her husband’s pockets while he is sleeping. Not even if she really wants a piece of gum or "borrow" $200 for a new pair of sneakers
- In Tucson, Arizona, women are not allowed to wear pants. No word on the stance on booty shorts,thongs or going commando.
- In Carrizozo, New Mexico, it is illegal for a woman to appear unshaven under their arms in public. Why doesn't Manhattan have such a law on its books - just sayin'
Other ironies are just a fact of life.
- Everyone has a photographic memory to some degree. However my manager Mr. Bricks doesn't appear to have any film.
- Whenever I need to use a flashlight my batteries are dead. Whenever I need a battery I am out of that size of battery. This irony holds true for light bulbs.
- It was recently discovered that doing research caused cancer in rats.
- Keeping up with Kardashians is called a reality series, but nothing about it reflects reality at all.
I have also noticed that the muckery in my life is filled with ironies.
- I eat healthy, work out and I am in good health. My manager Mr. Bricks eats Mc Ribs at McDonald's, doesn't work out and his blood pressure is higher than the national debt.
- It was 60° the other day in New York so I started putting away my gloves, uggs and puffy winter jacket and I was going to bring out the spring sneakers. Yesterday it snowed 8 inches and the high was only about 10 degrees.
- I am Greek and Blonde, yet I still have a good coconut on my shoulders.
- Days I plan on running errands I get called for meetings and auditions. On days I have nothing to do and would like an audition the phone never rings.
I have a manager with one lazy eye. But I do not yet have a record deal....isn't that ironic?