Thursday, June 2, 2011

60 Minutes


If you only had 60 minutes left, what would you do?
I am not sure why I was thinking about this, but I was wondering if I only had 60 minutes to live what would I do? Where would I go? Who would I want to talk to or go see? Would I even want to know that I only had 60 minutes left? I think I would want to know... because I could then at least enjoy the last 60 minutes doing something that brought me a great deal of pleasure. 
A few years ago when I had an apartment in Brooklyn I heard someone in the building died in the laundry room. Yep, right there in the laundry room - sometime between adding the fabric softener and the spin cycle she dropped dead. I can't believe she would have chosen to spend the last 60 minutes of her life plugging quarters into a Maytag and waiting for the washing machine to quit spinning.  I have often thought about that lady from Apt B4 and its made me want to be a little more prepared.
So, in case I get to know when my last 60 minutes of my life will be, here is a list of options I can choose from on how to spend that magical hour. These are in no particular order it's just how they followed out of my Greek coconut as I was writing this.
  • Read the Bible
  • Get a tattoo of a Grammy Award so I can die saying I had a Grammy
  • Line up my sneakers so they can be buried with me (I am not joking folks)
  • Write one last song
  • Get a cup a cup of coffee and savior it. Although I know they must have coffee in heaven otherwise it would be Hell, just sayin'
  • Look at my To Do List make sure there is nothing left to do
  • Get one last slice of Pizza
  • I can't work out because that takes longer than an hour. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
  • Call my family and friends and tell them how much I love them. Oh what a shame Mr. Bricks' cell phone would be "busy" and I couldn't tell him anything. I wonder how long it would take him to realize I had kicked the bucket? An hour, a day, a week...longer?
  • Go to a nursing home and give an impromptu concert to the residence. I just adore older people.
  • Listen to my favorites songs on my iPod
  • Go outside and smell the fresh cut grass and fresh flowers. Note to self: Stay away from Poison oak. I don't want to be standing at the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter and be all scratchy and itchy.
  • Play with my four dogs and tell them how much I love them
  • Make sure curling iron, coffee maker and iron are all unplugged
  • Go to Kohl's one last time (Hey I gotta use up all of my Kohl's Cash)
  • Get a soft serve vanilla and chocolate swirl frozen yogurt with chocolate sprinkles
  • Call the Make-A-Wish foundation and ask for 60 more minutes (repeat as needed)
So what would you do?
Blessings,
Ava
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment