Tuesday, June 21, 2011

If You Can't Stand the Heat Get Out of the Kitchen...



To write or not to write.... that is the question.
(Image still from "I Adore You" music video, click to watch)
Today I started to write a new song.  But then I realized with all of the muckery that has been surrounding my noggin lately, I had no business trying to write a new song today. That is unless it was going to be a theme song for a new "the Munsters". (here's a little trivia from Mr. Bricks...  The Munster's address was 1313 Mockingbird Lane.  Seriously ~ why does he know about this kind of useless stuff, but doesn't know how to get me a record deal yet).
When I was a little Greek girl, my yaya would be slaving away in the kitchen making a batch of baklava & my aunt Kellopie would come into the kitchen and start wanting to talk about some "really important" family drama.  My yaya would say to her "Kellieopie, I'm busy working here ~ if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen".
That's how I felt today... it was almost like my paper was staring back at me saying "Ava, what are you doing, you can't stand the heat today - so get out of the songwriting kitchen".  So I put down my pen & notebook and put on my sneakers.  The best way for me to get rid of the "blahh's" is to workout.
As a songwriter you always want to write the best song you possibly can, but there are certain days where sometimes you just have no business doing so because your heart is just not in it. Your noggin needs to be able to say to you "Step away from the paper". Songwriting really has to come from the heart, and everyone has days where their heart is just not into it. Unfortunately if you listen to the radio at certain times, you might just realize that not everyone got that memo. ;D just sayin.
The great news is if you don't feel like writing a song today, you could always lace up your sneakers and go for a nice long run instead.  The even better news is that there is always tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.... The Sun will come out tomorrow.... Hey I think I might just feel a song coming on here.  
Hope you have a beautiful "blah~less" day!
Blessings ~
Ava :D xox

No comments:

Post a Comment