Sunday, June 26, 2011

Runaway Train

Unstoppable, a story about a runaway train.


Have you ever felt like you have absolutely no control of things and that you are watching someone you care about living like they are on a runaway train? That might be OK if it was Thomas the Tank that toy train for kids, but in some cases it is like that train in the movie "Unstoppable" with Denzel Washington with the brakes not working.

I am really thankful I was wired with what I like to call the "Danger Ahead" chip... you know that little voice in your head/gut where alarm bells go off very loudly & you just know if you continue there will most surely be "muckery" to deal with. I have always been this way, even as a little kid. I remember one time when my least favorite cousin stole my doll I ran all around my aunties house trying to get it back from him, outside and into the "woods". I remember standing there thinking to myself.... "Ava Inside Voice: it's dark in there, it's getting dark outside. You know you don't know how to get out of there, if you go in there after him there is going to be trouble", so back inside doll~less I went. I'm not saying I'm perfect, in fact far from it. I just have always had a knowing that life is short, it is precious, and that every day is a gift. It really is up to us what we do or do not "Do" with it. Some things are just not worth it, not worth fighting over. There are times in everyones life when we have to make a decision. Is this situation, thing, or even person worth it? To borrow a line from a very wise little book I recently read, these are times when you have decide to "stick or quit".

It seems like lately I have had to watch a few people I care about very much deal with some major amounts of muckery. The problem is, I'm not entirely convinced they even see that it is muckery, or that they can or will - have or - find the desire to pick themselves up by the bootstraps and get on with it. It is hard to be in this position, because you want to help people you love. You want to do whatever you can - but sometimes really after you have given your time, advise, been there and done that, there is nothing else you can do. I have come to a conclusion that in some cases the best thing to do is, nothing.

You can not make anyone do anything. You can not make people see things, even if they are as plain as the nose on their face. It is just a hard thing to watch people you care about live as if they are riding on a runaway train. However, there comes a time when you have to just let go and let God.

Have a Blessed Sunday ~

Ava ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment