Sunday, June 19, 2011

Why Do People Name Their Cars...




Lightning McQueen, Just love him!
So it is probably no surprise that I love the movie Cars, (especially knowing my love for animation & cartoons) and I'm super excited to see Cars 2 when it opens June 24th!  I remember when my niece & nephew were so into it when it came out I was thinking gee what is all the hoopla about? Then one day I sat down to watch it while I was getting my car detailed at one of the in & out joints in northern New Jersey and I was immediately taken.  Before I knew it almost the whole movie went by & my car had been sitting outside done for almost an hour....   It's amazing how two little things animation and a cup of coffee can amuse me.  ;D I think "Lightening Mc Queen" is a very cool name and I love his character, so adorable!
I guess you could say I have had a few cars in my day.  Truthfully I think there is a part of me that was a motor head in another life because, I love cars.  I really do, (not quite as much as I love my sneakers), but I have a definite love for them.  When I see a car that I like, my heart skips a beat.  So sometimes I have to wonder in my Greek coconut, was I a greaser in a former life?...  Cauz there is just something magical about a quality built piece of machinery whether it be a classic car or a new car, it is just plain hypnotic to me.
So I recently bought a second car since both my sweetie & I can't be in the same place at the same time ~ all the time...  As usual I had to pick out a name for the car, and it got me to thinking.  Why do we name our cars (well those of us that do anyway, why do we do it)?  Meet Johnny Jetta.

Meet my new ride Johnny Jetta
Here are the names of a few of the cars I have had in my day.  Of course my dream car is the Bumble Bee Camaro from the Transformers movie...  Maybe if Mr. Bricks would get off his duff and quit eating McRrib sandwiches all dang day long & finally get me a record deal - I would be able to go get my dream car Bumble Bee...

This is my dream car!
Til then a Greek Girl can dream, and drive a few of the cars below:
Saab~a~rina - Saab 9-5 Arc. Very nice car, with a lot of bells and whistles ~ but she was aging and she liked to make frequent trips to the nearest Saab dealer and have me deposit $100.  So they could hook her up to a computer and turn off the light that was on and proceed to tell me "oh nothing is wrong we turned off the light".  Usually this would be followed by another trip to another Saab dealer or mechanic to find out miss Saabarina needed hundreds if not thousands of dollars of TLC.  So she was retired...

Saab~a~Rina R.I.P.
A few more of my previous car friends:  There was "Prissy Passat" ~ a VW Passat, Jimmy Jaguar ~ my dad had a classic Jaguar, well one more year and it would have been a classic, that is until I wrecked it at the beginning of my senior year of high school.  ;( Thankfully I was not hurt too bad, and one of the reasons I tend to drive like a granny even to this day.
Well friends I hope you all have cute names for your cars & that you drive safe!  Have a beautiful day!
Blessings ~
Ava :D

No comments:

Post a Comment