Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Magic of Three's


There is something magical about the number 3.


  • There are 3 strikes in baseball and the number of outs per side each inning
  • 3 Musketeers is Mr. Bricks' favorite candy bar
  • When bowling 3 strikes in a row it is called a Turkey
  • Several cities are known as Tripoli which is a Greek word which means "3 Cities"
  • There were 3 Amigos
  • 3 was the number Babe Ruth wore on his jersey
  • Mr. Bricks also likes Babe Ruth Candy bars
  • There are 3 main religions in the world - Christianity, Judaism and Islam
  • There are Three Wise Men in the Bible
  • A triathlon consists of three events: swimming, bicycling, and ends in running.
  • There was a 70's rock band called Three Dog Night, not Four Dog Night (just sayin')
  • My first iPhone was 3G
  • There are three films or novels in a trilogy
  • A Basketball shot made from behind the 3-point arc is worth 3 points. Duh, Winner
  • I once was 3-years old
  • Musically speaking, there are three notes in a triad, the basic form of any chord
  • There were Three Little Pigs, Goldilocks and Three Bears, and Three Blind Mice

When I started writing this blog I asked around for advice. I was told over and over again that I should always try to use three examples in each blog to make a point. I was told that it helps the reader see the picture I am trying to paint with my words.

I also remember once reading a book on marketing that said when there is the juxtaposition of a series of three events happening in a short period of time that it has a special magical effect on the intended target audience.

So I also try to use the concept of the magic of three's when it comes to pushing my own career. I have come to realize that in everything I do for my career things just seems to work better when I have three events happening in a very short period of time. It's like before the hype of the first event can die down then along comes the second event, which props up people's attention for the first one which might have started to wane. Then before the attention of either the first or second event can be totally forgotten from people's noggin, here comes the Greek girl once again popping up in the media for the third time in a short period of time. I guess you can run, but you can't hide from this blond girl.

Now if I can just get my manager Mr. Bricks to get me these three things:


  1. A record deal
  2. TV series (comedy series of course)
  3. A book deal

Blessings,

Ava

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment