Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's Only Funny Until it Happens to You

385
Once I was dating a guy who told me I have a good laugh, for a girl. I don't even know what that means, but I do know this Greek blonde girl got the last laugh on him because I eventually dumped him.  I don't take much pride in that, because most of the time I was the dump-ee and not the dump-er.  And I know the feeling of getting dumped and it is not a good feeling. As Will Rogers once said,  Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
A sense of humor is an actual trait I look for in other people.  If they can still laugh when muckery is happening all around them, then that is a person I won't mind being around. I had a sign on my last tour bus that said, "Let the Muckery Begin"
So today I'm going to appoint myself as the Greek Czar of Funny.  I figure everyone can use a good laugh every now and then.  Here is a little funniness for your day:
  • Two lions broke loose in the zoo and were eating a clown. One lion said to the other,  “Does this taste funny to you?”
  • Why do psychics have to ask for your name?
  • Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
  • Clones are people two
NOTE: My manager Mr. Bricks read my blog and wanted me to add this. He just thought it was so funny!
  • The trouble with jogging is that by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back.
There is something very profound about Will Rogers' statement. Imagine if we all just laughed at other people's troubles and then went about our business. Good Gravy, what type of world would it be? I don't think it would be a very nice place. I was once at an MTV party and I realize there are plenty of people like that, but I think all in all most people are decent and although in the moment they might find another person's Muckery funny, we know all too well that could be us...and then our compassion kicks in. That's when you know you have a fully functioning noggin.   

Blessings,


Ava
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment