Friday, May 6, 2011

You Don't Have to Like What I Like


Paula Abdul's  Opposites Attract
When you are in your own home and you don't even know the person across the dinner table from you, you can chalk it up to "opposites attracts", or hello, you just invited a stalker for dinner. Let's hope it's because opposites attracts and you and your soul mate are having a Mars vs Venus moment.
However, this is not just a romantic issue, because even many of your BFF's and close co-workers can be totally opposite than you, and not like what you like, yet there still could be a good working relationship or friendship built upon the differences with that person.
Take my manager Mr. Bricks (Take him please, SFX: rim shot) Thank you, thank you, thank your very much. I will be here on this blog all week. (SFX: rim shot) Tonight you have a choice between fish or chicken and I recommend the fish. (SFX: rim shot) Don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses.....Seriously, Mr. Bricks and I are polar opposites, yet somehow we stumble along in our business relationship just fine.
Here are some examples:
Ava's Favorite Beverage:  Vitamin Water Zero
Mr. Bricks' Favorite Beverage: Diet Coke
Ava's Snack of Choice:  Zone Bars
Mr. Bricks' Snack of Choice: Slim Jim's Sausage Sticks
Music on Ava's Ipod: Goo Goo Dolls, Bruno Mars, Kelly Clarkston, U2
Music on Mr. Bricks' iPod:  Disco
Ava's Favorite Workout Trainers: Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, Brett Hoebel, Tony Horton
Mr. Bricks' Favorite Workout Trainer: Ronald McDonald
Ava's Favorite Chain Restaurant: Panera
Mr. Bricks' Favorite Chain Restaurant: McDonald's  (tied with Wendy's, Arby's, Carl's Jr., Taco Bell, Subway, Quiznos, Zaks, White Castle,   Popeye's Chicken, Dominos
Ava's Favorite Phrases: "Muckery", "Good Gravy" and "What's wrong with your noggin?"
Mr. Bricks' Favorite Phrases: "Do fries come with that?" and "Can I Supersize the meal please"
Ava's Favorite iPhone App:  iTunes AppDoggies Mamas App
Mr. Bricks' Favorite iPhone App:  None. Rotary dial phones don't  have apps
In my fan mail I get all sorts of muckery sent to me. Clearly, I am thrilled with each and every person who takes the time to write to me, but I can tell from what some fans wrote and send that they sometimes like very different things than me, and perhaps my music is the only thing we might have in common.  That is OK with me. You don't have to like what I like. I enjoy learning about different places and different things. This whole learning thing is pretty cool. It keeps my noggin free of cobwebs.
Blessings,
Ava
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment